Waiting For the Spring

I woke up with the thoughts of the previous night, the bothering thoughts. I was upset with my life. I was feeling low and also scared. But I did not want to get carried away by my mood and thoughts. so I forced myself out of the bed , put my shoes on and got ready to face my fear. My fear for running.

Not just my mood, it was cold even outside. Sun was out but hiding behind the foggy clouds. In couple of days, Earth enters the month of Phalguna, the last winter month but these cold winter mornings seemed like forever. It felt as if winter cold never ends just like my legs never give in for run.

My legs, never ever trained for running, sports or any other physical activity, now wishing to walk over the slopes of Himalayas. I can not forget how I suffered during my last trek to Himalayas. Of course I have reached the Summit but for every footstep the whole back muscles of my legs were stretching to pain and I was panting like hell. But Mountains are my LOVE. I can not give up on them. I decided to get back to himalayas with more strength and endurance. Earlier when I started jogging I have discontinued because of severe shin splints. Since then I got a phobia towards running.

This was my fourth day of run. The trail was around a lake nearby my home. As I started doing few warmup stretches, I looked upon a tree in front of me. It was completely dried, with no leaves, it has let the dead things go off yet it is ALIVE, its lovely, showcasing its beautiful branches that are getting ready to bear the new tender leaves. It appeared like a poem on the blue sky.

I started to jog, with a slow pace, at a stretch I could do a kilometre. And then alternating with brisk walk and jog I finished a round of 3.2 kms in 27 mins. I sat at the lake side, my heart was pounding, the lake was calm, the ducks were gracefully moving in the lake, the traffic on the roads on the other side of the lake was getting busy, but the lake was serene and calm, and on the banks , stood the withered trees WAITING FOR THE SPRING just like me .

Winter is to plan , plot and prepare. Preparation times are tough and if u are alone in your journey they are quite challenging . If u get through these boring days by preparing yourself for the new change just like the winter trees, you will be beautifully adorned like the SPRING. Winter is not just a season of cold but a celebration of letting go, a joy of cleansing, a poetry of patience, a song of consistence, a dance to welcome the new beginning.
WAITING FOR THE SPRING
Leaves fallen, dried up and barren branches preparing for the spring


IT JUST STARTED
and SO AM I
A long way to go . . For the whole tree to become green and for my legs to build strength.

I looked at my legs with hope. It was still cloudy and cold but I felt warm and bold. Every phase in our life, like every season is a gift from universe. Embrace it with love and go on.

















Comments

  1. "Winter is to plan , plot and prepare..." These lines are nice and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally startedπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ. Good to see. Keep posting πŸ‘πŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well written...Take care of your legs..let your wings out...bring the butterfly out of caterpillar to fly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written!! Keep traveling keep writing.. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penned one of the nature's secrets beautifully sindhu. Good going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Very good start. Keep writing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I wish I were a boy

Lockdown Unlocked the Best Me

THE BREAK UP